Ride Around The Lake is a charity ride to be held on Saturday, 4 May 2013, raising money for my|place Youth Housing. Join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
Join now and start raising funds for the 2013 ride.
Find your friends and sponsor their ride.
Register to volunteer at this year's event!
What is it?
Ride Around The Lake is a charity ride to be held on Saturday, 4 May 2013, raising money for my|place Youth Housing. The main ride being a 40km circuit around Lake Illawarra with shorter circuits available for younger riders.
Our main 40km circuit has 3 start times: 7:15am, 7:30am, and 7:45am. The ride starts and finishes at the Illawarra Yacht Club located at 1 Northcliffe Drive Warrawong.
The Shorter 9km and 5km rides also start and finish at the Illawarra Yacht Club, riders can start these routes any time from 8:00am.
See our answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Partial road closure details and safety information:
Need more information? See our answers to Frequently Asked Questions, or call the Ride Around the Lake Team on (02) 4274 4884 or email on email@example.com.
Please thank the following Platinum Sponsors
Please thank the following Gold Sponsor
Please thank the following Silver Sponsors
Please thank the following Bronze Sponsors
RATL 2011 Video
Ride Around The Lake 2011 - Summary from Ride Around The Lake on Vimeo.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When is Ride Around The Lake?
- Saturday 4th May 2013
- How do I register for Ride Around The Lake?
- Visit the Registration Page. Follow the prompts & make sure your payment goes through, otherwise you won’t be registered. You can also register on the day. On the day registrations will be open from 6.30am at the Illawarra Yacht Club. Please note: registration fees on the day increase by $5.
- How can people sponsor me or my team?
- Visit the Sponsor Page. Here they can search for you and donate money.
- What ride options are there?
- There are 3 ride options 5km, 9km and 40km. The 5km and 9km rides are suitable for all ages but particularly for children from six to 12 years, for novice / non cyclists of all ages and for over 60's. Ideal for families with young children. Maps of the ride route are on the website. The 40 km ride is open to all ages in 2013, but under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- How much does it cost to register?
- Adult (17+ years) - Standard Entry - $45
- Child (12-16 years) - Standard Entry - $25
- Family Entry - Standard Entry - 2 adults & up to 2 children or 1 adult & up to 3 children - $95
- Where do we start and finish?
- All 3 rides start and finish at the Illawarra Yacht Club, Northcliffe Drive, Warrawong.
- What time does the ride start?
- The 40km ride has 3 start times to break up the group, 7:15am, 7:30am and 7:45am. Last official finisher will return by 1pm. Riders riding after 1pm and no longer considered part of the Ride Around The Lake event.
- The 5km & 9km starts at 8:00am only.
- What if I need a break during the 40km?
- There will be a half way tea break stop set up at the Oak Flats Sailing Club for those riding the 40km. This morning tea is free and will provide water, tea, coffee and something to eat like fruit and biscuits.
- You can stop at any point during the ride, just remember that after 1pm riders who have not completed the ride are no longer considered to be riding as part of this event.
- What activities will there be for my family?
- There will be family activities at the Illawarra Yacht Club for the duration of the event. This will include a BBQ, face painting, kids play area and rides, live music and food & drinks to purchase. These activities will be running until approximately 1.30pm.
- What happens if it's raining?
- The ride is on rain or shine.
- Can I enter on the day?
- Riders can enter on the day. Prices will be $5 Extra as those on the Website. (Adult $50, Family $100 etc)
- How do I join or create a team?
- To register a team, the team captain needs to register and create fundraising page, when others register they can elect to join the team.
- What if someone sponsors me with cash?
- You can bring in cash donations to the registration area on the day.
- Can kids ride the 40km route?
- Yes, but children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. Small children can be on their parents bike in a child’s bike seat or towed behind in a bike trailer.